Difference between revisions of "Webcalendar"
Latest revision as of 22:35, 24 November 2010
Attempt to run it with php5!
First we have to fix the dependencies of webcalendar
apt-get install equivs equivs webcalendar-equivs
Package: webcalendar-equivs Depends: php5, php5-cli, php5-mysql Provides: php4, php4-cli, php4-mysql, mysql-client Architecture: all Description: Allows to install webcalendar with php5 Provides php4 and mysql dependancies to satisfy webcalendar
Then we can install this fresh package and webcalendar
dpkg -i webcalendar-equivs_1.0_all.deb apt-get install webcalendar
I've chosen not to rely on debconf
Create the DB and tables
mysqladmin -p create webcalendar mysql -p GRANT ALL ON webcalendar.* TO webcalendar@private IDENTIFIED BY '<pwd>'; mysql -p webcalendar < webcalendar-tables-mysql.sql (From /usr/share/webcalendar/sql/tables-mysql.sql) cp /usr/share/webcalendar/tools/settings.conf /etc/webcalendar/settings.conf
db_type = mysql db_host = sql db_login = webcalendar db_password = <pwd> db_database = webcalendar db_persistent = true single_user = N use_http_auth = false
Default admin is admin:admin
To setup the reminders, we've to fix some bugs:
cd /usr/share/webcalendar/ ln -s www/includes/ cd /usr/share/webcalendar/tools ln -s ../www/translations/
Then edit /etc/cron.d/webcalendar
1,6,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * root cd /usr/share/webcalendar/tools/; php send_reminders.php
Edit settings from the web interface at least to fix the URL (if SSL) and the sender email
I like to be able to add an URL to some of the events, so I edit /etc/webcalendar/site_extras.php and add a sub-array to $site_extras:
array ( "URL", // unique name of this extra field (used in db) "URL", // how this field will be described to users $EXTRA_URL, // type of field 0, // arg 1 0 // arg 2 )
Upgrade from 1.0.15 to 1.2.0+dfsg-2
I got an obscur "query failed" error without any info.
So I tried the install script which is normally there to help you to upgrade your DB.
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-15" />
chmod 777 /usr/share/webcalendar/www/includes
Go to http://your.website/webcalendar/install/
Choose install password
chmod 755 /usr/share/webcalendar/www/includes mv /usr/share/webcalendar/www/includes/settings.php /etc/webcalendar ln -s /etc/webcalendar/settings.php /usr/share/webcalendar/www/includes/settings.php
Connect with newly defined password
For SQL connection the pwd contained a "#" but the new webcalendar install interface tells me it's an invalid char so I had to change the pwd via phpMyAdmin (mysql/user/edit webcalendar user/Password: fct PASSWORD etc/Execute) then on sql server:
So now it could log in.
Accept DB update and accept GMT conversion
Then I discovered that on Debian /etc/webcalendar/settings.conf is still the one used so I migrated manually some of the new stuffs from settings.php to settings.conf.
Then I encountered Bug#530842 and found a workaround, see the bugreport.
Maybe the bug is already fixed while you're reading those lines.
Last issue: immediately after the upgrade, I wrote a fake appointment to check notifications and the notification was sent only 5h later.
A day later, all hours of my appointments were shifted back by 5h (so e.g. 3h00 instead of 8h00).
It appears that everything was converted to EDT (NYC time), so I fixed it in my preferences and now everything is ok.