Reducing Windows VB footprint
- Click Start
- Right Click on Computer and click 'Properties'
- Advanced System Settings
- Click 'Settings' in the Performance box under the 'Advanced' Tab (should be already selected).
- Click the 'Advanced' Tab
- Click 'change' under the Virtual Memory box.
- Uncheck automatically manage page filing file size for all drives.
- Tune to your need; you can also move it to another shared drive
- Click OK.
- BleachBit free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there
- Windows "disk cleanup" in Control Panel
- Sysinternals sdelete to zeroize free space:
- Delete all snapshots
- Compact drive
VBoxManage modifyhd windows.vdi --compact
or copy it, changing the format on-the-fly if needed
VBoxManage clonehd windows.vdi windows.vmdk --format VMDK
And do a snapshot again if desired